- You are here :
- » Careers Advisers
At Total Professions you will find guidance and advice for students and graduates considering a career in the professions. It provides a resource which brings together all the information that professional bodies provide on professional careers (see the Career Sectors). We also support the work of careers advisers by providing guidance and resources within this section.
From accountancy to construction, from engineering to marketing - the career choices available are vast and there are a variety of different ways to enter into them. We provide information for career advisers working with school, college and university students as well as those advising career changers. We also have information relevant to careers advisers on improving fair access into the professions, a major goal of Total Professions.
You can also find links to a variety of organisations and other sources providing help and support to inspire people to become a professional – see the Resources page. If you require further information, you can contact the professional bodies directly by finding them in our Profession Finder. We offer information on work placements as well as a section on non-academic and vocational routes into the professions. We also provide advice on funding, and point to some other useful sources of information.
Whether you are offering careers advice to school pupils or helping graduates choose a career, this unique portal, linking careers advisers with professional bodies, helps you do your job more effectively. You may also find the information provided in University Students and At School/College sections of interest too.
- Join our LinkedIn group for careers advisers (now 2,800+ strong) to get networking and discussing the issues relevant to your sector.
- Also sign up to our newsletter to receive 'Spotlight on...': a monthly bulletin providing information and resources for professional careers, each issue focusing on a different sector.
- Also take a look at the resources we have made available following Pathways to the Professions which brings careers advisers and professional bodies together to look at new routes to the professions for young people. Click on the 2013 and 2014 pages under Resources on the left hand menu to access these.
- Did you know that the Career Development Institute now have a Portico jobs board for careers advisers? Take a look at http://jobs.thecdi.net/
School Careers Advisers
If you're providing careers advice to school pupils or school leavers, the School Careers Advisors section offers careers advice as well as information on:
- non-academic and vocational routes into the professions and;
- higher education tasters and summer schools.
University Careers Advisers
Alternatively, if you're working with students, either at college or university, the University Careers Advisers section offers relevant career advice as well as information on:
- funding opportunities for professional qualifications and;
- work placement and internships.
If you advise people who are looking to change their career, check out the information available in the Changing Career section.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
We promise not to share your email with external organisations, and you may unsubscribe at any time.
- Professional Jobs Board from TotalProfessions.com
- Portico jobs board for careers adviser vacancies from the CDI
- Become a Teacher
- Hot Courses Scholarships Search
- King's College Extended Medical Degree Programme
- National Council for Work Experience
- Pathways to the Professions – Edinburgh University
- Pure Potential