Pathways to the Professions 2013
The first ever event exclusively linking professional bodies and careers advisers took place on Friday 25 October, 2013 at the Institute of Education in London and received excellent feedback from careers advisers who attended as delegates and professional bodies exhibiting and attending the conference.
Taking place at the end of the first ever Professions Week, the conference was set up to bring together these two communities instrumental in identifying the range of pathways available to young people.
The Chair of the conference, Diane Burleigh OBE (pictured above) of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) commented
"There are some 100 professional bodies represented here today - that's enormous, that is about 20% of all professional bodies in the UK. The great value of conferences is not just hearing from speakers but also talking to each other and learning more about your associations.
Those who had the original idea for this conference have hit the nail on the head seeing so many of you here today"
- Speakers from top professional bodies provided insights into the variety of routes and alternative pathways into their professions.
- Advice and guidance about a range of career sectors including legal, accounting, healthcare, IT, audit, management, purchasing and supply, facilities management, PR, engineering, energy and sport and leisure.
- All attendees agreed that bringing these two audiences (professional bodies and careers advisers) together was a valuable exercise and many asked for further regional events to add to the calendar. This is something we are looking into and we will keep you updated via the LinkedIn Careers Advisers Group.
All presentations are now available to download through the Related Resources Area on the right hand side of this page. Links to all of the exhibitors can be found below.
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- The British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM)
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx)
- Chartered Institute of Management Acccoutants (CIMA)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI)
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB)
- Institute of Administrative Management (IAM)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- IFS School of Finance
- Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
- STEM Careers Group
- Energy Institute
- Science Council
- Pathways to Property
Subscribe to our Newsletter
We promise not to share your email with external organisations, and you may unsubscribe at any time.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- A career in facilities management
- Total Professions - a tour
- CILEx Presentation
- Professions Week and ACCA Presentation
- Becoming a healthcare professional
- BCS the Chartered Institute of IT
- Brightside Trust - nurturing ability
- Career Development Institute
- KPMG School Leaver Programme
- Campus CMI